Auction Terms & Conditions OLDIES COLLECTABLES AUCTIONS CONDITIONS OF SALE
1) The following conditions of sale make up the entire terms and conditions for the items listed in our catalogues and addendum sheets offered for sale by Oldies Collectables.
2) All "hammer prices" (means the price at which a lot is knocked down to the purchaser or the close of the internet bidding) will be subject to a buyer's premium, inclusive of GST of 16.5% of the hammer price. The buyers premium price is added to your successful bid and the two together make up your purchase price.
3) Payment for auction sales are by cash, eftpos direct deposit, credit card (Mastercard & Visa). Payment by cheque is available with prior arrangement and must be presented with a current drivers license & phone number. Additional means of payment through either PayPal or American Express can be utilised with an additional 1.75% surcharge.
4) At the announcement of "SOLD" or the close of bidding, the highest bidder will have purchased the offered lot. The purchase is subject to all the terms and conditions set forth herein. The auction company will assume all responsibility for items until paid & collected by the purchaser. All items purchased must be paid for within 7 days of the auction unless prior arrangement has been made with the auctioneer.
5) We reserve the right to withdraw any property prior to sale, to add items or make changes prior to the auction. Any changes made will be included on the day of the auction as an amendment.
6) Antique firearms and pistols offered in this auction DO NOT REQUIRE A LICENSE OR PERMIT OF REGISTRATION IN THE STATE OF VICTORIA. Firearms in this auction are all "ANTIQUE". Please check your own state laws regarding classification. We will help you where we can. It is the buyers responsibility to obtain necessary licenses and permits to satisfy their state requirements. Denial of any permit or license shall not
justify cancellation of the sale or delay any payment to Oldies Collectables for the purchased lots.
8) All Absentee, postal, telephone and internet bidders will notified by via email within 24 of auction completion at which point pick up or postage requirements will be discussed. All successful purchases are required to pay for their purchases on invoice, and will be notified on the cost of packaging, freight and insurance on successful bids and charged at appropriate rates. Payment for postage can be made in conjunction with auction invoice or paid in 2 separate amounts. Once goods have been posted you will notified via email of relevant tracking number for
your parcel. Please allow 7-10 working days for delivery.
10) VICTORIAN BUYERS ONLY, sword & dagger buyers must belong to a registered collectors club. If you do not have a sword club membership Oldies Collectables can suggest suitable clubs for membership.
11) Interstate buyers of Antique firearms, pistols, swords and daggers require ID, eg. Drivers or Shooters License or Passport.
12) All property offered for sale is as is, where is. Oldies Collectables does not guarantee or make warranties on any lot sold. Descriptions in the catalogue are opinion. They are written as a guide to potential bidders. We acknowledge that there may be errors in what is written. If you bid on it and you are successful you own it. We strongly recommend you personally view any item or have acknowledged expert view on the
item. Oldies Collectables are under no obligation to refund or return any item. Items offered for sales in catalogue, bill of sale, advertisements, web site etc. are qualified statements of opinion and representation. No employee of Oldies Collectables is authorised to make any representation of warranty, oral or written with respect to any property. If you are not sure of any item (even after talking with auction staff) DO NOT BID.
13) Upon completion of bidders registration you do hereby agree to accept all rules and regulations as laid out in this document of Condition Of Sale.
14) Oldies Collectables conducts online bidding as way to bid but we do not accept responsibility for your auction bidding. Pressing an incorrect button, bidding the wrong amount or bidding on an incorrect item it is the registered bidders responsibility. Registering & bidding on Oldies Collectables online bidding platform is subject to the same rules & regulations as outlined in the Condition of Sale
15) Oldies Collectables does offer a 24 hour return policy on purchased auction items if as per Victorian Legislation goods have been misrepresented, misdescribed, faulty or have broken in transit. Oldies Collectables must be notified within 24 hours of goods being received and return of items must be in a timely manner. Buyer remorse or change of mind does not allow for the return of items.
16) DEFINITION OF TERMS:
Circa: means around about the date of manufacture.
Style: regarding items such as Third Reich in some cases it is very hard to tell original items from old film copies and re-enactors used items, if we are unable to authenticate items and if we are unsure the word style is used and goods are priced accordingly. We do stress there is no guarantees or warranties and no refund on any item
Pattern: is a word used mainly with swords and it is defined as when the model was first made it does determine the age of the sword in auction. Several armies and navies worldwide still use old pattern swords but are made only recently.
Buyers Guide/Estimated Prices: a price guide has been put in place to assist people from interstate and on the floor when bidding and reflects what value these items are believed to be worth. In past auctions some items have been sold under the buyers guide price and some have sold well over the price guide prices. It is designed to be estimate only/F: This good is sold as is, flaws and all
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms